- To the extent permitted by applicable law, by using the Online Services, you are agreeing to this Policy.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide Us or That is Associated with Your Account
- We collect information that identifies you in various contexts when you are using the Online Services, including in the course of us providing you products and services and to fulfill your requests. Information that identifies you includes information such as name, address, email address, telephone number, or credit card number, as applicable.
- Examples of instances where we collect such information, includes if you:
- Submit information to obtain a quote;
- Register for one of our services;
- Pay your bill;
- Apply for a loan;
- Use your credit or debit card; or
- Ask us a question through our Contact Us
- The types of information we collect and share depend on the requests you make and the products or services you have with us. Information that may be collected includes:
- Your name and contact details, including address, phone number, and email;
- The nature of the product or service requested;
- Social Security Number;
- Date of Birth;
- Account Balances and Payment History;
- Credit History and Credit Scores;
- Residence purpose and type; and
- Type of insurance and other insurance policy details.
We may also combine information we collect about you with information we obtain from third parties.
- Our web servers automatically collect and log web usage data from you when you use the Online Services. This information informs us of how visitors use and navigate the Online Services. This information may include your IP address, referring sites, pages viewed, length of visit, local storage information, and application usage patterns. We and third parties may also collect cookie-based or similar information across the Online Services for purposes of website analytics and targeted advertising. In addition, we may collect location data of your mobile device when using an application, such as GPS, WiFi, or carrier network location.
How we Use Information
- We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Providing the product, information, or service requested;
- Delivering marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you through various channels including mail, telephone, text message and email;
- Contacting you with service-related messages, including autodialed or prerecorded telephone calls and text messages at the telephone number you provided us as a contact number;
- Improving customer service;
- Allowing us to improve the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences;
- Personalizing your user experience;
- Managing our business; and
How your information may be shared
- Financial companies often need to share customers’ personal information to properly and effectively run their everyday business. In submitting an inquiry for a loan product or other service provided through the Online Services or during the course of serving you, we may share your information with third party business partners that provide services to our consumers, assist with offerings (for example co-branded offerings), or that otherwise help ensure quality service is provided.
- We may also disclose your information:
- To third party service providers that we use for various business and marketing activities.
- To third party online companies who perform online analytics and advertising activities using your technical information described above.
- To affiliates consistent with applicable law.
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, a request for cooperation from a law enforcement agency, self-regulatory body, or other governmental agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as we reasonably believe is required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of The Money Source Inc., our affiliates, our users, our employees, or others; or to enforce our terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a corporate transaction involving The Money Source Inc., such as a sale, divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale, or bankruptcy.
- In connection with state and/or federal licensing requirements regarding the reporting of Information contained in the loan inquiries we receive from you, and otherwise any and all required information necessary to comply with current laws and regulations as well as with any requests from state or federal regulators (for example, the loan you selected and the terms of the loan you selected).
- We may share non-personally identifiable information or de-identified data with third parties in our discretion.
How your information is secured
- We have administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information collected by the Online Services. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
- The Money Source Inc. has the discretion to update this Policy at any time. When we do, we will revise the date at the bottom of this page. We encourage you to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the Information we collect. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this Policy periodically and become aware of modifications.
- The Online Services may contain links to other sites. Links do not imply endorsement by The Money Source Inc. or our affiliates and subsidiaries. Please be aware that these other sites are not subject to our Policy and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of those sites when you visit them. Nonetheless, we seek to provide helpful links and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- Please be aware that regardless of your personal privacy settings, information submitted and/or shared on our social media pages may appear in the public domain. We welcome your feedback, but ask that you please be careful not to share personal information when providing feedback via social media. We may share third party links in an effort to provide additional information to consumers. Any third party links provided are done so in accordance with the Policy above.
Visiting our Websites From Outside the United States
- The Site is governed by the laws of the United States, and is intended for the enjoyment of residents of the United States only. We make no representation that the Site is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of any other nation.
Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule
- We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her personal information without the consent of a parent or guardian. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information of a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
- If your contact information changes and/or if you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us please submit a request at the contact information listed below.
- Call (866) 867-0330 – our menu will prompt you through your choice(s), or
- Visit us at: http://info.themoneysource.com/privacy-optout
Additional choice options are available to you as explained in our Federal Privacy Notice, linked near the beginning of this Policy.
- We will not share information we collect about you with non-affiliated third parties unless permitted by California law. Please click this link for our California Important Privacy Choices for Consumers Notice.
- We will not disclose information about your creditworthiness to our affiliates and will not disclose your personal information, financial information, credit report, or health information to non-affiliated third parties to market to you, other than as permitted by Vermont law, unless you authorize us to make those disclosures. As of the date of this Policy noted below, The Money Source Inc. does not offer affiliated business services in the state of Vermont and therefore does not share such information about Vermont residents with our affiliates. As of the date of this Policy noted below, The Money Source Inc. does not share such information about Vermont residents with non-affiliated third parties either.
- If you have any questions about this Policy or our use of your information, please contact us at:
The Money Source Inc.
ATTN: Customer Care
500 South Broad Street, Suite 100A,
Meriden, CT 06450
Call us at (866) 867-0330 – our menu will prompt you through your choice(s).
© 2018 The Money Source Inc. All Rights Reserved.